Skip to main content

Best Summer Ever

Dearest Evie,

It's been the Best Summer Ever! You are the only one who can truly appreciate the level of irony I feel when I say that phrase. My mother came to visit.

'What are you wearing' that was the first thing that she said to me, she hadn't seen me for about three years, as you know Evie, I have come to manage without her. But the negative comments that is something that I am unable to this day to be able to accept. There was no sign of affection, kiss on the cheek or hug, though I can only imagine what those relationships are like between mother and daughter. Although I could refer to yours and Mrs Crowing, when I see you both together, I hope you don't mind me saying this I feel a tinge of jealously and pain.

She wasn't making comments over my house 'Why have you got this?' or looking disapprovingly around that cushion that I have, which has a flower on it. She doesn't like that Evie, and I knew she wouldn't, I suppose that's why I brought it, because she feels that cushions are to be 'plain and simple', those being here words.

I so wanted to skype you, but you weren't there, and I could imagine that you went to a fabulous shopping trip with your mum, while she was picking on my cooking. 'Joanna this chicken doesn't have enough salt, it's not cooked properly'. Whilst she would yes you guessed it do it all over again, and I know she does make it much better than me, but its her way of making me feel that I am inadequate!

But it's not just the jibes and the negative remarks, she doesn't approve of you either Evie, though I didn't imagine that she would. 'Why don't you get yourself a nice man, this really has been enough, with you and that....Girl now Joanna'. She was crying when she said that Evie, yes tears, emotional blackmail, looking at me, making me feel that I have done something really wrong by falling in love with you. But I told her as best as I can 'Mum she is my girlfriend, and I am going to marry her'. You know what she said 'Joanna...My God I will die if you do'. Then she left.

Evie I wanted to hear your voice, to touch and kiss you. I miss you. I know that Mrs Crowling took it well, but I knew that my mother would never approve, so I have lost her forever. My mother has left me, though I suppose she was never really there in the first place was she?

Love you always, come back from your holiday soon

Joanna! xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letters of the Past

The letters in his hand were crisp, clean, and pure white and had the age of youth while Sebastian's hands were wrinkled, old and worn out. He smelt the perfume of the letters which were like flowers in the room showing down onto him. He rocked slowly as he held them and whispered 'Lillian' while Beatrice didn't budge and had gone to sleep purring away in his lap.  As the light glistened in the fireplace the colours were reflecting onto the walls of the living room like colours of the rainbow as he thought of Lillian and the past. It was at university where he had met her first, he was himself lost in the corridors, with his shirt half tucked into his trousers, tie askew and hair rough and looking at the board trying to find his class. He heard her voice, 'excuse me' and turned towards her. It was her golden hair that struck him. It shone in the corridor like a gem and it was long. She looked as though she were a mermaid emerging from the sea. He could feel

The Evil Step Mother’s Point of View - Cinderella

 ‘I hate you, you old bag’ she screamed as she threw the bowl across the room. I had made her favourite dish soup, which I had spent ages cooking in the kitchen. Her father had told me that it was going to be hard to be accepted as her new mother, but this was much harder than I had imaged. ‘Mum we have tried, I offered to give her my new dress’ said Gemma. ‘I said that I would take her to the ball with us’ said Louisa. ‘What can we do? She calls us UGLY sisters, it’s so cruel cried Pamela.    I hugged my three daughters closely, I wanted Cinderalla to accept us as we had with her. But she hated us, calling me a ‘wicked stepmother’ and slamming doors. She would cry and portray us as ogres. With the arrival of the Prince inviting us to go to the ball, I even tried to invite her but she was spoilt and rude. ‘I don’t want to go, you old bag, GET LOST’ she shouted. ‘I will get there myself’ she stormed off as usual to her room. ‘I miss my mum, you married my father for his

The final grip

https://www.creativewritingink.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/daniel-jensen-354568-unsplash.jpg He tried to push me off the edge of the cliff, that's what he tried to do..... I am trying the grip it tightly, holding the boundary of the face of the rock face. The gravel from the cliff face, small pieces but sharp scrape by like daggers hitting the side of my face. I can feel the grass ahead of me which is mould and worn as my hands dig into it as I try to surface the face of the precipice. I hang like a bat as I can hear the water beneath me slashing away as I clutch onto dear life, as my head spins looking at the sheer drop below me. I catch onto the grass but it tears beneath my hands like hairs as I am desperate to survive. I had no idea that it was coming, he took me to the beach, it was a beautiful summer days and we were walking along hand by hand. The clouds above were darkening as the sky changed colour beyond as he walked to the edge of the cliff then simply pushed